Monarch School Intervention Specialist
Monarch School for Autism at Bellefaire JCB is looking for a full-time Intervention Specialist to work at Monarch School, which serves students ages 3 through 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This person should be caring, creative and passionate about making a difference in the lives of children.
Check out “Monarch Center for Autism Virtual Tour” on Vimeo!
Position Overview: The Intervention Specialist will work within an interdisciplinary team that includes Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behavior Specialists, Associate Teachers, Art Therapists, Music Therapist, Recreational Therapist, and Horticulture Therapist. The Monarch School offers small classroom sizes (approximately 5 to 8 students per classroom), a cohesive Academic Department (with 25 Intervention Specialists), and access to an abundant supply of technology, curriculum and assessments, provide an exceptional work environment. Classroom teams are intentionally small, so students can receive one-on-one and small group instruction, within the confines of Monarch’s visual language immersion teaching Model. The Model combines concept-driven language instruction with visual supports, technology and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We offer a mentoring program for new Intervention Specialists along with guidance from supervisory support staff, as well as a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing curriculum, IEPs, progress reports, daily communication, and other clinical records and documentation
- Providing direct academic instruction to students
- Supervising assigned Associate Teachers
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Monitoring the collection of student data
- Participating in professional growth activities (training, workshops)
- Attending meetings with staff, parents and school districts
- Communicating regularly with parents
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Ohio Intervention Specialist Teaching Certificate required (Mild to Moderate); Moderate to Severe license preferred.
- Combination of education, training and/or experience working with children with autism
- Passion for helping others and making an impact in the lives of students with autism
Life at Bellefaire:
We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive total rewards (benefits and compensation) options to our valued employees and their families, including domestic partners. Our rich options include:
- Dental, vision and medical insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
Other perks of working with us include:
- A friendly and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- A beautiful campus
- Career growth/numerous free CEU opportunities
- Staff recognition program
- A caring environment to work in!